We have developed five areas which our ‘Orphans Aid Approved’ goods will fall into. This ensures the products meet our standard and you can be assured you are purchasing and giving a gift which is making a lasting change.
The Orphans Aid Approved standard means our products meets at least one of these criteria:
1. Sourced exclusively for Orphans Aid by our overseas project partners. (E.g. Beautiful beaded work from Uganda. Handcrafted ladles from India.)
2. Is a Fair Trade certified item. (E.g. Our very own locally roasted Imuka coffee.)
3. Is a 100% fundraiser for Orphans Aid, donated to assist our work. (E.g. ‘Angels for Orphans’ by Old Mill Road.)
4. Ethically sourced. Helps women and children leave a life of slavery. (E.g. Amazing recycled Sari quilts from the red light district of India.)
5. Provides income to poor communities enabling them to care for their own families. (E.g. Handwoven baskets from Bangladesh. Also ensuring that traditional skills aren’t lost in the modern consumer environment.)
"Every time you spend money, you’re casting a vote for the kind of world you want.” – Anna Lappe
Orphans Aid Online.com is ensuring you can be confident about the way you are spending your money.
We’d love you to join with us as we grow our revolution of love and impact more and more people by the act of something we all enjoy doing (most of the time)... shopping!
Take your time and browse through our online store. There are new items coming out throughout the coming months so be sure to pop back regularly.
"You can’t help but win by purchasing from Orphans Aid Online. The items are fresh, hand-picked, ethically sourced, unique and will be enjoyed by those on the receiving end and those at the other end who supply. Every cent we make gets poured back to our work of caring for the orphaned and abandoned. That really excites me!”
– Sue van Schreven, Founder, Orphans Aid International